Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hartz Products harmful for pets!

    A couple weeks ago I went out and bought Hartz UltraGuard OneSpot Drops for my cat Mittsey as a preventitive incase our dogs bring something in the house (she's strictly an indoor cat). I applied it just like it said on the directions, between her shoulder blades so she wouldn't lick at it. Well her hair slowly started dissapearing on her back by her tail, at first we thought she rubbed against something cuz it was a small little patch so we didnt think anything of it.. there was no bleeding or anything. She was acting herself, didn't seem like anything was wrong. We didn't find any clumps of hair anywhere so assumed she was over grooming herself. I went out and bought Smart Groom by WAHL, no rinse shampoo for cats as its impossible to give her baths with her scratching :S I used it a couple times on her, hoping it would help. A week or so passed and she's getting worst! she has lost a lot of hair on her back area and her hind legs, her skin has black marks on it.. which I found really strange and her hair feels dry and not silky like it usually does. Last night I googled the preventitive product by Hartz that I used on her and my stomach started twisting when I found this website:
http://www.hartzvictims.org/
There are soo many people who have had harmful things happen to their pets and even death! just cuz of their products. Their flea preventitive products have the same ingredients that are used in Raid! I basically unknowingly put a poisonous product on my best friend of around 15 years :(
I feel soo horrible, I contacted Walmart, where I purchased the product.. I can't even beleive they would put products that are harmful for animals on their shelves!
Her symptoms don't seem to be that bad from what I can see, she's eating and drinking like she normally would (unlike the horrific stories i've read from other cat owners), she's acting like she normally does but she's scratching herself a lot. I can't get past how much hair she lost, I hope it grows back. I've tried washing her with a wash cloth as she'll go crazy and scratch me to oblivion if I try giving her a bath. I have to wait till payday to take her to the local vet :( keeping my fingers crossed that nothing worst will happen till then and will continue washing her daily with a cloth.
PLEASE don't use Hartz products on your animals, you will regret it soo much. My cat has never had any problems until I used this product:





Before I used the product on her:
 
 
This is how the product affected her:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment